Monday, April 15, 2013

Water Marble Manicure

Hi guys! I am excited to post this manicure tonight! I don't often toot my own horn, but I'm totally going to tonight. This mani rocks. There. I said it. I am so happy with my marble manicure, and this is only the second one I've ever attempted. It was easier than I thought, but it is time consuming. For that reason, I don't see myself doing this type of nail art often. Basically, you drop nail polish into water, use a toothpick to create swirls, lay your nail in, sweep away the excess, let it air dry, and topcoat it. I redid about four nails because I was unhappy with the balance of colors, the design was too complicated, or I wasn't careful enough and it clumped up. I could have saved some time by not redoing the imperfect ones, but come on, let's be real here. I am too much of a perfectionist to ever let that fly. I used OPI My Vampire is Buff (cream), OPI It's All Greek to Me (pink shimmer), and Essie Avenue Maintain (blue). I thought the colors complimented each other well. On to the goodness!


In full sun. My pinkie nail is my favorite on this hand.


In full sun. I'm digging my ring finger on this hand.


This one is in the shade.


With flash.



No comments:

Post a Comment