Friday, April 26, 2013

Tuna Salad Bites

Hello all! I realize it's been ages since I posted a recipe, I've been so obsessed with my nails lately. I'm sorry I'm not sorry :-D 

I have a delicious, fresh, and kid friendly recipe for you today. Tuna salad bites. In mini bell peppers. Let that sink in for a moment....alright, are you ready to eat?!


Tuna Salad Bites
1 carrot
2 stalks of celery
2-in chunk of cucumber
2 Tbsp. chopped pickle
1-5oz can of tuna in water, drained
1 heaping Tbsp. non-fat, plain Greek yogurt
1 tsp. dried dill, plus extra for garnish
1/8 tsp. garlic powder
Pinch of salt, pepper to taste
Splash red wine vinegar
15 mini bell peppers (you may need more or less, depending on the size and how much filling you add)

Makes 30 tuna bites 

Dice the vegetables. Add vegetables and tuna in a medium sized bowl. Add Greek yogurt and seasonings, mix again. Check to make sure you have added enough salt and pepper. Halve mini bell peppers and scrape clean. Spoon tuna mixture into pepper halves. Just before serving sprinkle dill over tuna bites. Enjoy! 


This is how you want your chopped veggies to look. If they're too big they won't stay in the pepper halves very well.


I'm loving the color scheme here! 





Oh, I'm sorry, did you want some? Oops.

No comments:

Post a Comment