Thursday, April 18, 2013

Sugar Scrub

I know I'm not the only one that suffers from dry skin, especially in this desert climate! I do a lot of cleaning, and using acetone for so many manicures doesn't help either. Today, at a red light, I looked down at my hands and was appalled by what I saw. Cracked cuticles, flaking skin, and even a few freckles that looked suspiciously like age spots. Well, I decided to do something about it ASAP!

I don't have a lot of extra spending money, and what I do have I spend on the boys or nail polish. I could care less about expensive hand creams or scrubs that may or may not work. Why not make my own? I have everything I need in my own kitchen!

Tonight I threw together this little gem:
1 Tbsp olive oil
A squeeze of lemon juice (be gone freckles that might not be freckles!)
1 tsp turbinado sugar

I scrubbed my hands gently for about three minutes and rinsed under warm water. The olive oil absorbed enough so they didn't feel too greasy after rinsing. They look better already! I wouldn't suggest using lemon if you have very cracked skin or lots of cuts! Ouch! I had a few cracked cuticles but didn't notice any stinging. I think I'll try this again every other day for a few weeks and see how my hands look and feel.

This is after-why didn't I think to take before pics?!





No comments:

Post a Comment