Sunday, April 7, 2013

OPI Dominant Jeans over Yoga-ta Get This Blue

I bought Dominant Jeans from the nail salon a few weeks ago, and I was dying to try it out! It's from the Fall 2006 Brights Collection. It is kind of sheer, so I thought it would be good for layering. It is a light blue, and almost seems to be a duochrome, but not quite! It has a slight metallic finish. It looks so different in each lighting condition, and I think the same would be true if I changed the base color. This time I layered it over Yoga-ta Get This Blue from the India Collection, Spring 2008, one coat of each color. Are you ready for a ton of pictures?!

This is in full sun, you can see the metallic finish, it is very shimmery, but not quite a frost.


This is inside holding Yoga-ta Get This Blue in filtered sunlight.


Outside in the shade. I think this shows the finish very well. This is how it looks to me in person most of the time.


Inside, low artificial light. It totally looks like denim in this photo. I love it! Acid wash jeans, anyone?


With flash.

These versatile colors are the kinds of polishes I love best! Good alone, or layered, in all types of lighting conditions-what's not to love? Next time I think I'll layer it over a dark green, I'm thinking Live and Let Die....or maybe dark purple? 

2 comments: