Tuesday, May 21, 2013

OPI Couture de Minnie

I was going to post this yesterday, but I ended up taking E to the doctor and I ran out of time. Good news is he doesn't have a skin infection on his foot. He is just *really* allergic to insect/spider bites. What a relief! 

I have two polishes from the OPI Couture de Minnie Collection that will be released June. I lucked out because Ulta had them displayed early. Woohoo! I have always loved Minnie Mouse, so I think I'll have to buy the rest of the set. The bottle I'm holding is called Innie Minnie Mighty Bow. It's a beautiful blue toned red. It has a little bit of shimmer, but it's almost invisible unless you're in direct sun. I bought this one because I wanted something to go with the glitter, which is what my heart was really after! I think I only have two other reds, and they weren't exactly the right shade. I figured I might as well buy them together, they're part of a set so they'd complement each other, right? Well, it turns out that it looks even better than I imagined. IMMB has a perfect formula, it covered well with one coat, but I added a second just to make sure it looked its best in the photographs. It was really fast drying, too.

The glitter is called Minnie Style, and it's a mixture of matte white hexagons, and shiny pink and red hexagons. It was a little thick, but I added some Zoya thinner and it was fine after that. I dabbed the glitter on with the brush instead of brushing it on like I normally would. It distributed more evenly that way. I love the way these two polishes look together. Perfect!


Shade




Full sun.


Flash.

No comments:

Post a Comment