Thursday, May 2, 2013

Classic Pancakes


I must be mom of the week in my son's eyes! We had pancakes yesterday for breakfast, and again today for lunch. I had some changes to make before my recipe was just right. I am pleased with the results, and know you will be too! When I was growing up we always had whole wheat pancakes because my mom almost never used white flour. I love whole wheat pancakes, but sometimes I want something bad. And by bad I mean so, so good. This is what I came up with!

Classic Pancakes

1 1/2 C flour

1 Tbsp+1 tsp baking powder
Dash of salt
3 Tbsp white sugar
2 Tbsp butter, melted
1/2 C whole milk
3/4 C coconut milk
1/2 C water
1 egg, well beaten

Sift well, then mix dry ingredients together. Add melted butter to milk and water, mix together. Add wet ingredients to dry, add the egg, and mix just enough to combine. You don't want to over mix your batter unless you're okay with eating hockey pucks. Lumps are okay-we love lumpy pancake batter! Let batter sit for about ten minutes before cooking. Heat an electric skillet to 350*, or a non stick skillet to medium high heat. Use butter or cooking spray in skillet. Cook on one side until the bubbles have popped and don't close over again. Flip and cook until browned on the other side. Using 1/3 C scoop to measure batter will yield 12 large pancakes.




No comments:

Post a Comment