Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Today's Snack-Eggplant Fries

I made eggplant oven fries today. They were absolutely amazing! I have to give thanks to my sister in law, I borrowed the idea from her. You should check out her website, you'll find some great recipes! www.fitmomdiet.com

This is what I came up with, using what I had available:
One eggplant 
A cup of Greek yogurt
A cup of breadcrumbs, I did half regular, half panko
1/2 tsp salt
Fresh cracked pepper to taste
1 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp onion powder 
1 tsp paprika 
1 tsp cumin 
A dash of red wine vinegar
1 Tbsp water 

Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Cut eggplant into fry shape. Mix bread crumbs and salt together, set aside. Mix yogurt with remaining seasonings, vinegar, and water. Dip eggplant in yogurt mixture, coat well, then dip into breadcrumbs. Bake on a non-stick cookie sheet for ten minutes, turn fries so they brown evenly, bake for ten more minutes. 

I ate mine plain, but my four-year-old wanted his dipped in ranch. He liked them!




No comments:

Post a Comment