Saturday, July 6, 2013

OPI Chic From Ears to Tail

For this manicure I used two shades from the Couture de Minnie Collection by OPI. The pink is Chic From Ears to Tail, and I used the glitter from Minnie Style for the accent line. I don't have many pinks in my collection, so to me Chic From Ears to Tail is unique. I want to love her, I really do. She has a lot of potential and could be great for nail art. But, sadly, she has a terrible formula. How does a polish manage to be thick and runny at the same time? I don't know, but she pulled it off spectacularly. I used three very even coats, and in some places it was still patchy. A good coat of Seche Vite top coat really helped to even things out, but I can still see some imperfections. What I do love about this polish is the color. I usually stay far, far away from Barbie-esque pinks, but this one is different somehow. It looks brighter in real life, but it isn't neon by any means. It has bluish/purple undertones which look great with my skin tone. My photographs don't quite capture the intensity and wash out the color a little bit. 

Outside in the shade. This is the most accurate depiction of the pink.

Full sun.


With flash. You can get a pretty good idea of the purple undertones in this picture.

No comments:

Post a Comment