Thursday, June 6, 2013

Sally Hansen Fuzzy Coat

These just came out and I am so excited that I got my hands on them. I bought three, and I have two to show you today. A texture other than boring glitter? Yes, please!

First, the formula was good, maybe a little thicker than I'd like but nothing that a little thinner can't fix. Each polish has two different colored small bar glitters in a clear base. Maybe "glitter" isn't the best word to use, because they aren't shiny, but you get my drift :-) When you use multiple coats it looks like woven patches of yarn, or maybe shag carpeting. It appears very textured, but it is actually pretty smooth. One layer of topcoat completely covered any roughness. Fuzz-Sea was much easier to apply than Tweedy. I think next time I use Tweedy I'll have to add quite a bit of thinner.

This is Fuzz-Sea, it has aqua and pastel yellow in a clear base. I first wore it as an accent nail with OPI Jade is the New Black. I thought they were a perfect match. A few days later I chipped a nail and instead of fixing my mani I just added Fuzz-Sea to all my nails.
With flash.

This is in full sun.

The next one I used is called Tweedy, which is a simple black and white combination. One of my favorite looks is red, black, and white. I paired it with Innie Minnie Mighty Bow from the Couture de Minnie Collection. I loved this! I would have worn it longer, but sadly, it didn't stand up to a marathon dish washing session.

What do you think of these textured polishes?

No comments:

Post a Comment